Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Austin top 5



So I just got back from a Really cool trip from Austin with my husband, Kenny, and baby Shiloh. My husband came down for a work trip and everyone told us how much we would love It there and  I didn't  want to miss out, The Shiloh and I tagged along.  While my husband worked Shiloh and I hit the town.  We went on a not so traditional bus tour.  It was called the Austin duck adventures and it actually rounded out it's tour by diving literally in Lake Austin (pictures below).  I also got to visit one of my favorite online store's brick-and-mortar location, which is Free People.   If you know me you know I would probably wear anything in that store. I had a great experience at the location.  During the evenings when my husband was free,  we went out checking to see all that Austin has to offer. There's a great Music life here,  always things to do, and I love the fashion. However, I'm still looking for the good food.  The food that I tasted was mediocre at best. Except for the sweet potato fries. They are masters at those!! Yummmm so good!!!!   Aside from the food we had some pretty awesome firsts.  We used lyft, uber and rode in a pedicab and I gotta tell you that catching rides from really nice strangers was pretty fun. 

While being in Austin, I loved observing the summer fashion.  I would describe it as a festival girl meets country. So I've put together a list of 5 items you should bring to Austin to wear during the summer.
1.  Cowgirl boots of course
2. A mini skirt
3. High waisted jeans or cut offs (aka mom jeans)
4. A cow girl hat
5. A peasant dress
6. Anything floral 

 So, have you ever been to Austin? What am I missing from my list and what good food joints did I miss?  Below are some highlights of my trip! Enjoy!



In the airport 



Shiloh did so awesome on the plane and he got his first flying certificate! Thanks Southwest!









One of my fave stores! Free People









I got to tour Austin on land and on water!

















Two of the best meals I had in Austin. Salmon and turkey avocado burger! I loved the sweet potato fries!






Awesome boutique I found on 5th street. The designer makes her clothes right in the boutique. There are also some awesome local jewelry designers' merchandise in the boutique. #handmade













Cool artwork on 6th street








My babe!









No comments:

Post a Comment