Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Fashion Week for the Economista


It's that time of year again. Saint Louis fashion week is on the horizon and you can feel the excitement stirring around the city. Invitations for kick off parties are already being sent out, fashionistas are making their final outfit selections and runways are being prepped to host fashion designs from world renowned designer Rebecca Minkoff and Project Runway's Victor Luna. If that weren't enough excitement, I've been asked to host one of the pre-show parties for fashion week! Yay! While I'm super excited, my husband and I are also super pregnant. Six months to be exact and the only thing I can think of is..... What am I going to wear? Pregnant or not you may have this same burning question and this blog post is dedicated to affordable and fashionable fashion week looks.

 

Looking great doesn't have to cost a fortune. There are so many options out there such as; discount department stores, shopping online, or even shopping your own closet.  If you’re like me sometimes I forget what’s actually inside my closet.  Every couple of months I have the urge to get it organized and in the process I find great pieces that I’ve completely forgotten about.  Maybe I bought it off season or didn’t have anything to go with it at the time, but it always feels great when I find something that works perfect.  I call it “the treasure hunt.”

If shopping your closet doesn’t work for you, there are many stores dedicated to chic affordable fashion! Stores like T. J. Max, Marshalls, Ross Dress For Less, H&M, and Old Navy have won the hearts of conscientious shoppers. They offer the hottest fashion at an unbelievable price.  Just the other day I found some amazing name brand items for a steal.

Lastly, if you don’t have time or feel like going into a store, shopping online has become one my new favorite pastimes and with the convenience of smartphones, tablets, and laptops, you can find your favorite look anywhere.  My personal favorite is on the couch with a cup of coffee.  A lot of times your favorite department store has a sale online, but not in the store. So, shopping online can be just as rewarding as sifting through the sales rack to get that perfect deal.  It’s less work.  Below are two outfits examples that I put together from one of my favorite discount retailers H&M.



Fashion Week Outfits

Fashion Week Outfits by christiadeshields featuring h&m handbags


Picture details: Patterned Kimono $50.00, Leather Skirt $25.00, Floral Top $17.99, Sweatshirt Skirt $50.00, Earrings $3.50, Purse $25.00, Suede Sandals $66.00, Boots $50.00


 So, who’s coming to Fashion Week with me? For ticket information go to www.saintlouisfashionweek.com.  I hope to see you there!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment