Monday, April 9, 2012

DIY: Spring/Summer clutch!

So it's getting warmer outside and that means LESS CLOTHES whoohoo, but to me that also means smaller accessories. In the spring and summer I don't really like lugging around big purses. I like to feel as light as possible. However I only had two clutches and they were black. A few months ago I found a really cool basket weave clutch from Target and that clutch inspired me to tinker around with making my own clutch and that's when I found out HOW EASY it was I mean seriously EASY!.

The clutches that I made literally took less than 5minutes, except for the multicolored tribal print clutch, that one was a bit more intricate but still easy.

All clutches except for the tribal print clutch where made of of place mats that I got from the thrift store for a $1.00!! Yes you read right! Place mats are the perfect size and the stiffer ones have the perfect sturdiness for this project. The tribal one is made from fabric, which i lined with a place mate. This print will actually be in my new Moda Christia Collection coming this fall!




There are a few easy steps while making your purse but first lets start with the materials that you will need.
You will need:
  • Fabric or Place Mat
  • Glue -Gun (I prefer the glue gun) or Fabric Glue
  • decorative buttons 
  • razor (to attach buttons)
  • velcro

This is a Place Mat

Fold the place mat over a little more than half to create a nice sized pouch.




Super glue the sides down.

add Velcro as a fastener.


Add decorative buttons, flowers, etc to the front of the clutch or keep it plain!






DONE!
Now you have a one of a kind clutch that you can rock all spring and summer! NJOY!;)

For a dressier clutch try a flower... My mom made this one, after I taught her!;) XO









    Rocking my clutch this weekend!


    Rockin' my clutch Easter Sunday

    No comments:

    Post a Comment